Saturday 22 February 2014

Ringed Black-headed Gulls

As I said I have paid attention to ringed Black-headed Gulls. I was observing them in Maribor at Lent (near the Drava river) where they are very numerous. Here a lot of people feed waterbirds so I could get closer to them. Sometimes I also managed to read metal rings, too! 
I have not got all information yet but BHGs were ringed in Croatia, Czech Republic and Poland. Quite interesting most of these gulls were 1st. w. individuals, but they were less shy than adults - important fact! Other waterbirds: Coots, Pochards, Tufted Ducks, Mallards, Caspian Gull, Little Grebes and Kingfisher.
Yesterday I was lucky to see Tawny Owl in Maribor city park.
Otherwise bad weather these days, but it is going to be better next week :)

No comments:

Post a Comment