Saturday 15 August 2015

August photo-raft session

Yesterday I went to my favorite place for bird photography with floating hide - Medvedce reservoir. There was a lot of Little Crakes (from 11 birds I saw only 2 females, rest of them were young), which I love to takes photos as they are very cooperative when taking photos :) Few birds came as 20cm close to my hide and fed like I wasnt there.
Although I was in the water already at 5.00 am, lighting on some photos isn't as I would wanted to be. Purple Heron photos were made at around 13.00 pm. Thats the worst time for taking pictures for me as the sun is too high and too strong. Few more shots I made:
When I wasgetting out of the water, Ferruginous duck female started to swim towards me. I was surprised, when I saw she wasnt alone :) She had 5 assistants. Thats great because this spieces is very rare breeder in Slovenia.
I was in raft from 5.00 am till 14.00 pm. When I came out I was exhausted, not just because of Water caltrop (its very hard to walk through this with water raft), but also because I had hard struggle with more than 50 leeches climbing on me and thousands of mosquitoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment