Thursday 3 April 2014

Water hide test

Yesterday I went to Medvedce to test new water hide, that I and Jure made. We found picture on the internet and made some improvements.
This is how it looks like from the distance (with Jure in it). I went to the lake at 5.a.m. I camouflage the raft and waited in the water for about 2 hours, when the light was appropriate for photographing. Some birds were shy but I managed to get some good photos.
First bird of the day - Grey Heron.
Shovelers were rather shy as they were being chased by White-tailed Eagle.
Most photogenic was this pair of Ferruginous Ducks. They were passing my hide 3 meters in front.
Osprey was eating fish for about 2 hours in front of me. I was in hide from 5.a.m. to 1.p.m. 8 hours in water, walking on knees (water level is very low). When I came to the shore I was exhausted and I felt like I was driven by a train. More pictures to come as this was only the beginning!

No comments:

Post a Comment